Preparing for your Tan
•Waxing is best done minimum 48hrs prior to ensure all residue is off the skin.
• Shaving is best done 6-24hrs prior to your appointment to allow pores to settle and reduce the chance of ‘black dots’ forming.
• Exfoliating is best done 6-12 hours prior or the night before to allow pores to settle before your appointment.
• Please arrive with clean skin free from deodorant, makeup, moisturiser or perfume.
• Do not use any body/face washes or lotions that contain fragrances or mineral oils as this can affect the result, just as washing hair directly before is also a big no no.
What to Bring
• Loose cotton type clothing to wear after – no silk or satin as these fabrics absorb moisture.
• Any clothing you may prefer to wear whilst being sprayed – although we do provide disposable g strings free of charge (if breast feeding you may choose to wear a strapless bra).
• If it’s raining bring suitable attire/weather protectant to ensure your tan does not get ruined – nobody likes looking like a leopard! A hoodie, trackies and a towel are best for wet weather conditions.
At your appointment
• At your appointmentYour fully trained technician will chat to you about what you are after in terms of colour.
• All requests are determined once assessing each individual’s skin type as everybody reacts differently.
• Spray Tans take approximately 10 minutes but allow 15 mins.
• Our Spray Tans typically last anywhere from 7-14 days depending on factors such as skin type, lifestyle and most importantly, your post-tan care regime.
POST TAN TIPS
AND THINGS TO AVOID
• No body wash or soap is to be used after the first initial shower, use your hands to thoroughly brush off the excess bronzer to ensure no streaks appear on the skin from the water stream.
• No body moisturiser is to be applied until after your SECOND shower as the DHA needs to develop and this is best done with your skin free of any lotions. You will then need to moistures after EVERY shower from this onwards – treat your skin as you would your hair. Would you shampoo your hair and not use conditioner? Didn’t think so!
• We recommend at least 6-8 hours before using any body products.
• No high impact exercise for the first 16-24 hours as the DHA used in rapid solutions continues to develop after the intial wash off.
•Avoid using harsh exfoliants on the skin for the duration of your tan – this also includes massages and pedicures (boring I know!)
•Avoid chlorinated/heated places such as pools, spas, saunas, steam rooms.
•Always dry yourself using the ‘wrap & pat’ method with your towel, pressing gently into the skin is best.
• Short showers are best – become a ninja in the shower, 2 minutes max and I’m out!
• Apply a natural sunscreen as spray tans do not contain SPF.
• Our main tip is HYDRATION! Drinking lots of water (2-3 litres per day) keeps your skin hydrated which in turn helps your tan last better, longer, fade off evenly and makes it easy to scrub off when it’s ready.
Removing old Tan
Now we all dread this but it doesn’t need to be hard. It all comes down to how you care for your tan – don’t moisturise or drink water? Good luck! Tan hates dry skin and will be a stubborn to remind you to care for it better next time.
Here are a few tips to follow below:
• Investing in a good quality tan removal mitt will be the best thing you will ever do.
• Soak in a bath with baby oil the day before removing to help soften the skin and make it easier for your old tan to come off.
•For stubborn stains – bi carb soda is a great help or the Antheia tan remover is all natural – this can be purchased in store or online.